Everything we do has an impact on our environment; ON LX is committed to minimising its impact on our climate through actions both big and small.
Our current environmental policy covers
- Minimising waste by evaluating our internal operations and ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Constructing all of our products in a modular fashion to enable upgrades instead complete unit replacement.
- Implementing rechargeable batteries in products where possible.
- Actively promoting recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Developing designs that can be easily and fully dismantled at the end of their life.
- Considering appropriate materials to extend the lifetime of our custom systems as well as reducing the overall weight of our products (for shipping and practical reasons).
- Aiming to supply only highly reliable products and services. No short term throw away solutions.
- Light sources – On a case by case basis we aim to ensure the best trade-off between energy efficiency and aesthetic for projects.
- Electronic supply of literature.
- The highest quality components and assembly to ensure long product lifetime.
In the wider production, entertainment and system design community, steps are being taken to research, share and support a movement toward a more sustainable future. Further information can be found at the Sustainability in Production Alliance website.